GREENVILLE, PA – Week 2 of the 2016 High School Football Season gets underway on Friday night, with some interesting matchups.
After some rather surprising upsets, this week’s games should be more inquisitive to ponder at, after those contests are complete.
- Will Central Tech be able to battle against a tough Rambler squad from Cathedral Prep?
- Meadville and General McLane will face each other on Friday night, after losing their respective Week 1 game.
- Two schools in Region 4, Corry and Mercyhurst Prep, look to continue their impressive start to the season and go to 2-0. One will walk away with a scratch on their head after their collective battle against each other at Mercyhurst University.
- Lakeview and Sharpsville will find out whose path is the better one to follow. These two schools face off in Sharpsville on Friday night.
- Slippery Rock and Greenville had rocky starts last week. One of these teams will come away with some pride and a victory.
- The battle of Warren County’s other schools, Youngsville and Eisenhower gets underway on Friday night. Youngsville has already tasted victory last week. Who will come away with the pride of beating their arch-nemesis, one will find out in Landers tonight.
- Maplewood and Union City, North East and Farrell, Saegertown and Cambridge Springs will be interesting to watch. One of these teams from each of the games mentioned will get their first victory of the season. While the other team, will go to 0-2 quickly and will try to figure out what the taste of victory is like.
- Conneaut, OH is looking for a victory in their inaugural season as a District 10 member. However, tonight’s game is against another powerhouse Ohio school in Champion. The game is at Conneaut however.
This week’s contests will give teams an opportunity to say to themselves…
- We are 2-0; but, the season is early and let’s not get ahead of ourselves just yet.
- We’ve battled back from an early deficit and now have tasted victory. So, let’s keep this momentum up and keep winning for our community.
- It’s going to be a long, hard road to go down being 0-2 already; but, with your work habits and more practice time, we can get that goose egg off the win column. Don’t give up hope.
All games start at 7pm around the region.